Terms and Conditions
- 1 PROVISIONAL BOOKING
- 2 DEPOSIT
- 3 FULL CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT
- 4 INSURANCE
- 5 CANCELLATION POLICY
- 6 RATES
- 7 CHILD POLICY:
- 8 OCCUPANCY POLICY:
- 9 PAYMENTS AT CAMP:
- 10 ALL-INCLUSIVE RATE EXCLUDES:
- 11 SUPPLEMENTS:
- 12 MASAI MARA RESERVE FEES (Per 24 hrs):
- 13 GUIDES AND DRIVERS:
- 14 VEHICLE POLICY:
- 15 HOW TO REACH US:
- 16 Share this:
Upon receipt of a reservation you will be sent a reservation summary via email, which will include relevant details and an expiry date. You are required to confirm the booking with a deposit payment prior to the expiry date otherwise it will automatically expire. If you require more time to confirm the booking, the expiry date may be extended upon request (subject to availability).
Provisional bookings will be held according to the following policy:
- 10 days for bookings received more than 4 months prior to arrival
- 5 days for bookings received less than 4 months prior to arrival
- Last minute bookings are held until another inquiry is received. At which point we reserve the right to release the booking if full payment is not forthcoming.
In order to confirm your booking, you will need to pay a 50% deposit. Please note cancellation terms below. 50% deposit of the total value of the booking confirms your booking. The full balance is payable 60 days prior to arrival.
- Bookings received within 30 days of arrival require full payment in order to confirm a booking
- Last minute bookings require immediate payment (with confirmation) prior to the guest’s arrival or we cannot guarantee the guests will be accommodated
FULL CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT
On receipt of full payment, a final Reservation Summary will be issued. Payment must be received 60 days in advance. Bookings may be cancelled if payment has not been received within 60 days of the accommodation date.
Mara West requires all guests to take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover cancellation, medical expenses, personal baggage, and money. Insurance should be arranged on or before the time of payment of initial deposit.
All cancellations must be made in writing. Receipt of the cancellations must also be confirmed in writing. If there is no acknowledgement of the cancellation from Mara West Safaris it means that your cancellation notification has not been received and is therefore not valid. Cancellation notifications must be acknowledged in writing in order to be valid. Terms are as follows:
- More than 120 days before arrival, 25% of the full value is forfeited.
- Between 119 and 60 days prior to arrival, 50% of the value is forfeited.
- Between 59 and 30 days prior to arrival, 75% of the full value is forfeited.
- Less than 30 days, and no-shows, 100% is forfeited.
No refund will be given for guests who join a tour and leave before its completion. Clients are required to take travel insurance upon confirmation of a booking in order that cancellations can be claimed in legitimate circumstances.
In the event of increase in taxes, training levy, or services charges, Mara West reserves the right to adjust all contract rates accordingly from the date of such change, and without prior notice.
- Children under 3 years: Free
- 3-5 years, with adult: 20% of adult rate
- 6-12 years, with adult: 50% of adult rate
- Children in own room: 75% of the adult rate
Adults should be booked in single or double occupancy with triples reserved for bookings involving children 17 and under.
Bookings requesting triples for adults can be arranged with written approval in select cases but please ensure clients are aware of the accommodation arrangement.
PAYMENTS AT CAMP:
All payments made at camp using a credit card will be exchanged into Kenyan Shillings using a current exchange rate. Visa and MasterCard accepted.
ALL-INCLUSIVE RATE EXCLUDES:
- Masai Mara Reserve fees
- Luxury wines, beers, and spirits
- Hot air balloon flights
- Maasai Village visitsMara West community projects visits
- A sunrise breakfast
- Exclusive use of vehicle
- Massages, manicures, pedicures, etc
- Honeymoon package: USD 150 per night per room
- Flowers and fruit basket in room upon arrival
- A bottle of sparkling wine each night in the room
- Either a private dinner or breakfast each night/morning on the deck
- Private game drives each day
MASAI MARA RESERVE FEES (Per 24 hrs):
(Fees may change without notice)
- Adult – 80 USD
- Children (up to 11 years) – 45 USD
GUIDES AND DRIVERS:
- Bona fide tour leaders/guides charged at $75 per night to stay in tents depending on availability
- One tour leader free per group of 15 pax
- Driver’s accommodation charged at $13 per night including 3 meals (Excluding meals with clients)
- Drivers wishing to eat with clients will be charged an additional $13 per night
If using a mini bus and it gets stuck there will be a USD 250 charge for Mara West to come and get the bus
The roads around Masai Mara are extremely rough and are best handled with a good 4×4 vehicle. Mara West Camp accepts no responsibility for the roads or the vehicles that clients take to reach Mara West Camp. Clients attempting to reach Mara West in non-4×4 vehicles do so at their own risk. A well-maintained 4×4 safari vehicle is highly advised.
While Mara West Camp strives to accommodate our client’s needs and will attempt to supply a 4×4 in case of client’s vehicle trouble, Mara West Camp does not guarantee the last minute availability or cost of extra 4×4 safari vehicles for clients to rent, especially during high season. Arrangements for Mara West Camp to take clients on safari should be made at the time of booking so arrangement can be made well in advance to have the necessary vehicles available.
HOW TO REACH US:
- SafariLink daily scheduled flight from Nairobi (Kichwa Tembo airstrip)
- Air Kenya daily scheduled flight from Nairobi (Kichwa Tembo airstrip)
- Mombasa Air Safari daily scheduled flight from Mombasa & Ukunda (Kichwa Tembo airstrip)
- 6-8 hour drive from Nairobi